64 3000+ 939 Vs. 3400+ 754

Status
Not open for further replies.
sources...? I'm skeptical. I'm spending MONEY on this. I don't part well with my money, as so many other americans also have trouble doing.

Ryan

on edit: I meant sources on the 3400 'owning' on the 3000... I'd really like to compare specs that aren't on the processor box, and are real tests.

Here a benchmark comparing almost all cpus that was out about 6 months ago. It does not include vience core and san deigo core but they not going to make a huge difference.

http://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041221/cpu_charts-13.html

The athlon 64 with for example

(2400/250 k8t800 ddr400)

See that 250 that usually a safe sign it a skt 939 chip. when that number is 200 it a safe sign is a skt 754 chip. this only apply to the amd chips and it is a exception that the fx-51 is a skt 940 chip not 754.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
sources...? I'm skeptical. I'm spending MONEY on this. I don't part well with my money, as so many other americans also have trouble doing.

Ryan

on edit: I meant sources on the 3400 'owning' on the 3000... I'd really like to compare specs that aren't on the processor box, and are real tests.

I'm spending TIME on this thread. Im not going to link you to some simple benchmarks that can be found on google.

I've got another curveball for you. Let's say I have a very reliable 300W psu to use. Is this going to be enough to run my socket 754 since they seem to take more power? Would it even be enough for a socket 939?

DJ Chris. no offense intended man. sorry if I seemed rude.

Ryan

300 watts is cutting it too close for most PC's, but if you were building a budget.

What kind of 300 watt power supply, you may be able to get away with a low power PCP&C or Antec or other great brand.

Well, depends on what else you want to run. If you are going to use all your PCI slots, and plan to overclock, then hell no.

If you are just gonna keep it stock w/ 1GB and like a 6600 I guess so.

it's going to stay pretty bone-stock. It'll have a video card... but everything else is onboard. I have a sony cd burner, but that's it. I have a few older hard drives I'm using, but I don't think they're an issue. floppy... that's it. wait. I'm going to try and get 2 fans in my antique case. they don't take toooo much power, do they? Anyway, if I try to use the 300w before I splurge on a new one, nothing, theoretically, should break, correct?

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom