Is this a good barebones system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay they have an out of sale processor, I assume this is a very old 3500+ they are sending you, which will use alot of power, and not overclock as high.

The motherboard, yes the horrid A8V. I am a poor unfortunete soul, and I have one.

Power Supply, may look nice, but Ultra power supply's are not all that good quality

CPU FAN, that one is worse than the retail fan and heatsinks.

RAM: It's your whatever they can find the cheapest, and put it on PCB's and use the Ultra name. It will work, but some are good, some have errors ect

I assume the CPU is a clawhammer or newcastle core as well.

piece one of those suckers together yourself if you know how. You'll save cash. a lot of cash. if you look on the right websites, you can find a nice case for 30-40 bucks with free shipping. I found one for 26 that I thought suited me on a website. I won't post a link to how I do my shopping so it won't be considered spamming.

Ryan

Nope, the 3500+ is a venice.

Awesome Deal!
Spectacular High Performance Barebone
Awesome is one of the most overused words in our vocabulary these days. But this high-powered barebone is truly awesome – there’s really no better way to describe it. Featuring one of the most coveted gaming Socket 939 motherboards in the business, along with a super-powerful AMD 64 3500 Venice Core Socket 939 CPU, 512MB of fast DDR memory, a killer gaming-ready case, the legendary X-Connect power supply, and a remarkably efficient cooling fan, this barebone kit is an affordable dream-come-true for the gung-ho gamer. Once you build your system around this dynamite barebone you’ll be ready to take any LAN party by storm! Check out these incredible components…the award-winning A8V Deluxe harnesses the incomparable power of the AMD Athlon 64 processor to deliver high-performance computing to the world’s most powerful PCs! An amazing AMD Athlon 64 3500+ CPU. A half-gig of blazing fast Ultra DDR memory. Masscool’s magnificent AMD K8 Cooler Fan. And a gaming classic computer case from Ultra – the world-famous Wizard! Built around the nVidia nForce Ultra 4 Northbridge chipset, the UT nF4 Ultra-D delivers the kind of performance that gamers have always dreamed about – sensational graphics, dynamite sound and blistering speed. Combine it with the spectacular components we’ve included in this barebone and you’ve got the makings for a system that literally screams with power. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom