Need a VERY CHEAP gaming build

Status
Not open for further replies.
damasta55r said:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Socket 939 Processor-146
Arctic SIlver Premium Photosynthetic Silver Thermal Compound Arctic Silver 5-8
DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard-135
OCZ Enhanced Latency 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Copper Heatspreader Model OCZ4001024ELDC-K-128
eVGA 6600GT 128MB DDR3/PCI-E/TV-Out/Dual-DVI-169

This is the better buy with only a $78 difference.

he needs a case, looks like your going to be over 100 dollars
and a new psu

Okay, than change the ram. Get CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400-79
and for a case and psu ( i know the psu sucks, but should be sufficient)
ASPIRE X-Dreamer II ATXB4KLW-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420W Power Supply-56

Total cost would be 593 or over budget by almost $100. But well worth it.
ROger

hes going to be OCing and you wouldnt want to get value ram cause you wont be able to OC very well, and the psu is going to die really soon and maybe even take someting with it,

HES EXTREME OVERCLOCKING

Yawn. Why do you guys even try with the retail Venices when I listed a 3000+ OEm that is 120 dollars. You cant oc well with crap cooling you know.

Also Pzerofgh, there is the ram divider. It will help with overclocking. There is not pentalty when you use the divider to overclock. People raise the FSB with the divider because there is a bonus with raising the fsb, not to avoid a non-existant pentalty.

Ummmmmm I posted a OEM one for 120 dollars. Is retail 146 cheaper than OEM 120? No. Also better cooling means more oc. Not everyone is garenteed 2.6 on stock cooling.

PZEROFGH said:
hes going to be OCing and you wouldnt want to get value ram cause you wont be able to OC very well, and the psu is going to die really soon and maybe even take someting with it,

HES EXTREME OVERCLOCKING

This guy's demand's from a computer are ridiculous. How can you possibly expect to get any sort of noticeable overclock in a $500 budget?

The point is he won't be OC'ing at all under that budget. You might as well consider that out of the picture. Just throw in some aftermarket heatsink for $30 (Thermalright XP-90) or something and that's about it.

Yes 10 dollars more for a better OC. Every penny counts. So I would be spending 10 dollars more to get like a 100 MHZ better oc. I think 10 dollars justifies that don't you? You also listed a DFI mobo, and crap ram to back it up. You can easily overclock with the epox Nforce3 Ultra with the same ram. Every penny counts.

well i dont think we can go over his budget can we we ar etrying to stay down under 500 dollars, if we spend 600 dollars then he would get better parts. so we are trying to give him the best we can under 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom