Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
More than that Vista when new will be 300 USD alone so that and some other software will pay for the MSDN package itself and probably save you money. And yeah it's cool being able to get the stuff before it is publically released.

I also wonder if they will keep the name Longhorn Beta 1 or Windows Vista Beta 1 now?

Makaveli213 said:
If anyone remember back that far but XP was codename "Whistler" so MS never stays with a codename. As for the Vista they had a project back in 95-96 named ViSta. Funnt how it came back around.
Let me explain yes everything has a code name but they also have a perliminary name. Earch OS I list below also had a codename but the first name is what they intended to call it but then they changed their mind again to a final name. I also don't think Vista was ever used for anything before.

Codename = Preliminary Name = Final Name

Chicago = Windows 94 OR Windows 4.0 = Windows 95
Memphis = Windows 97 = Windows 98
OS/2 3.0 = Windows NT = Windows NT 3.1
Hydra = Terminal Services = Terminal Server
No Codename! = Windows NT 5.0 = Windows 2000
Whistler Server = Windows .NET Server = Windows 2003 Server
Longhorn = WIndows Vista = ?????????

Do you see my point?

I really think it would a waste of time for microsoft to even put it out because before long everybody can download it from p2p or bittorrent for free and plus i really do think in the long run linux will beat windows in the near feature because linux puts out a new verison of os every 3 to 6 months of the os and plus if microsoft comes out with vista it would cost to much for customer to buy just like the windows professional sp2 retail price of $150.00 and vista probley cost around $200 or $250.

From what i have heard at other forums and such is that it will be Vista Beta 1 and it will also include the Beta for IE7. As for the download i dont think so. When they sent out the invites last time everyone got a unique ID. It alows for only one activation so P2P and BitTorrent are useless against that since they will know who was sharing the file at that point and be able to get them.

I hope so people like the above make me sick. Piraters should be tarred then burned. MSDN is a great way to save money yet people use illegal methods. Vista will cost 300 USD just like XP when it was rist released. Please though you have caught my interest with these identification additions I never noticed any such thing when I got my copies of MSDN.

You are also correct about the IE7 Beta it will be released the same day making them bundled together a huge possibility.

I hope so people like the above make me sick. Piraters should be tarred then burned. MSDN is a great way to save money yet people use illegal methods. Vista will cost 300 USD just like XP when it was rist released. Please though you have caught my interest with these identification additions I never noticed any such thing when I got my copies of MSDN.

i probly wont buy it, but then i probly wont pirate it either.

Unless it is really really good then i might buy it.

Tyler1989 said:

You are also correct about the IE7 Beta it will be released the same day making them bundled together a huge possibility.

they can't afford the environmental damage, there are just too many of them :p

eh yeah we don't have enough bird feathers and tar to go around.

Anyways I've heard that Beta 1 will be released on the 27th from Mr. Thurrot but also the microsoft site says August 3rd so which date is correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom