Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would steer clear of the Powercolor Xabre series of video cards. They don't even have the drivers on their website, no markings on the video card...we didn't know what we had till we went back in the orders and figured it out, and it took me an hour to find a bloody driver for it...Powercolor doesn't have them on their website. =\ And it doesn't work very good anyway.

CRAPPY CASES, Do NOT try to do anything to a dell, or emachines, or mainstream "bundle" computer mainly DELL

They often tend to only have 1 fan going right to the processor and there is no air flo what so ever. My girlfriends dell was running the fan to the ground because it was the processor was getting so hot. My new emachines was similar, the hard drive was attached to the front of the case and there was a fan in the power supply and one on the back of the case, plus one on the processor which wasnt a bad config, but no fan on front of the case to create a flow.

LOL I bought a Rosewill Power supply For my first build, halfway through ordering parts i decided it was cheaper to buy a decent emachines. I put the emachines (with my rosewill power supply)in my Coolermaster Wavemaster case and quickly realized the luxury of having a nice QUALITY case such as coolermaster or thermaltake because the options to mount fans, hardrives, are numerous(I will let you know how my Rosewill hangs on). Perfect all metal construction and very solid, not to mention they are very quiet and great looking at that. It keeps a good flow of air through and my fans rarely have to speed up due to the heat. I think im running 5 or so fans (2 induct. front, 1 exhaust top, 2 exhaust back, 2 powersupply, 1 processor) OK more than i thought.

Seagate HD's are the best in my opinion for the money, rather heap too when you get them on sale at BB or CC or Comp usa.

All my buddies and i run Lite on drives because they are cheap and none of us have had problems in the last few years. One of my friends swears by Dynex (best buys' brand) because he works there and gets Dynex products for next to nothing(at least 50% to 85% depends on the markup) and has never had a problem with any of their products.

Cheap LCD Monitors. I cant stress this enough. A few guys i knew who were getting into gaming and threw some money around got lcd's because they look nice.....especially when they have horrible contrast ratios, 25ms response time, and a handlful of dead pixels out of the box.

LOL I bought a Rosewill Power supply For my first build, halfway through ordering parts i decided it was cheaper to buy a decent emachines. I put the emachines (with my rosewill power supply)in my Coolermaster Wavemaster case and quickly realized the luxury of having a nice QUALITY case such as coolermaster or thermaltake because the options to mount fans, hardrives, are numerous(I will let you know how my Rosewill hangs on). Perfect all metal construction and very solid, not to mention they are very quiet and great looking at that. It keeps a good flow of air through and my fans rarely have to speed up due to the heat. I think im running 5 or so fans (2 induct. front, 1 exhaust top, 2 exhaust back, 2 powersupply, 1 processor) OK more than i thought.

Lol, yeah. I got a nasty cut off a cheap ATX case yesterday.

Seagate HD's are the best in my opinion for the money, rather heap too when you get them on sale at BB or CC or Comp usa.

I like Seagate as well.

I FAVOR SEAGATE!!!!

I have a WD160gb and a seagate 80gb in my new computer and no problems yet

Ive heard of more maxtor and WD HD's crappign out than any other. Thats just my personal experiece.

I *heard* that hitachi arent bad but i dont have any experience in them

Crappy mice from dollar stores or powered speakers with subwoofer from department stores that come in a solid color box and you could fit in your pocket. Maybe it requires assembly?

I will stick to my Saitek Eclipse and my Logitech mx518 gaming mouse ;) thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom