Stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I bought it from my neighbor (or a former neighbor, I moved... they did too also...) but he bought it from Compaq...

Well okay, but I want to buy a computer from Cyber Power INC, and on that an Athlon 64 X2 4400+. Will I be able to overclock that?

you want to OC a 64 X2 you dont have too but you can if you want too, lol, dude how much money do yuo have those chips cost 700 dollasr!! well you really dont have to Oc it but you can OC anythign if you want too

Qwert said:
Okay, I got to the BIOS but it didn't let me change the clocking speeds or anything like that.

And I didn't see anything like a multiplier or anything like that.

You wont be able to change your speeds on a laptop

And for good reason too

Centrino is not a processor, it is a combination of an Intel Mobile CPU with an Intel Motherboard and Intel Wi-Fi

"Centrino" do not come in a 2.7ghz flavor

DJ-CHRIS said:
You wont be able to change your speeds on a laptop

And for good reason too

Centrino is not a processor, it is a combination of an Intel Mobile CPU with an Intel Motherboard and Intel Wi-Fi

"Centrino" do not come in a 2.7ghz flavor

It's a desktop, just for some reason Centrino.

The 4400+ is something like $550, I want to overclock it because I want it to be for gaming + video editing.

I know they are overclockable, but I want to know is Cyber Power Systems (cyberpowerinc.com) blocks it from being overclocked.

I read numerous reports saying they can be safly overclocked to 2.7GHZ. Which is 500MHZ faster then stock, quite a bit, I would imagine a good performance increase.

Yes they are only laptops, the guy is proboly getting centrino and celeron mixed up, because you have to hear them all the time with Intel's damned excessive marketing.

yes i know they are only on laptops im telling him that, i was just wondering how can a centrino be on a desktop

Oh it is Celeron, Oops, I feel stupid now (well, not that I didn't before asking these questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom