Beep!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
Ok, so I got a new Powersupply and memory for my computer...and something happened with the motherboard. The monitor would turn on , and seeing as how I just got a new PSU I was thinking that might be the issue. Well I replaced PSU's to my old one which worked fine and it doesnt work either. So after fiddling with everything for a while I turned everything off and go something to eat.

I came back and tried some other things to see if it worked...and then the HORRID high pitched beeping noise loud as hell came out of the CPU...

What is this? It turns off when the computer shuts down but damn, everytime I turn the computer on it comes out.

Try it with out the new memory.

strip the computer to the bare minimum and add parts until it doesn't boot.

Btw. those beeps do mean something, tell us the combination they make. If you have a 2 digit LCD screen on your motherboard, than tell us the code for that.

Ok, the only things I have it runnin right now is the CPU, Video Card, and CPU fan.

The beep coming from the CPU wasn't anything I have ever heard before.

It was LOUD and could have hurt my ears very easily.

So...thinking it was my CPU or MOBO telling me that I didnt have the CPU inserted correctly, I took the CPU out and this is what I found.

As I took the heatsink out of it's latch and out of the system...there was no CPU in the slot, it yanked right out WITH the heatsink and was attatched to the bottom. So I cleaned it up, re-applied thermal paste and gave it another go, but nothing happened. Same problem, BUT!

There was no high pitched screeching.

Don't worry about the CPu coming out, as that often happens when you take off the heatsink, I did it, I shat my self when that happened.

Try re-setting the BIOS. Do you have on-board graphics?

This is where having a second modern PC is very useful.

I think its safe to eliminate every other part of the PC, apart from CPU and motherboard. RMA is always good.

I dont have onboard, but I tried another GPU with no luck. I have also reset the BIOS...

I couldnt think why it would just crap out like that as it has been working for 1 full year now without a hitch.

All I did was take out the PSU, and RAM...put in some new ones and poof...

I dunno if the MOBO is dead though as everything connected to it like fans and lights work just fine.

Can you try it with a seperate stick of ram, which isn't the new one, and preferable one that ahsn't been in the system.

What PSU manufactorer?

Well both PSU's worth properly...

A stick that hasnt been in..lemme see if I can find one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom