Which motherboard is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cssadmin

Baseband Member
Hi,
I am struggling to decide which motherboard combo (motherboard with processor) I should get. I hope that you guys will have a strong opinion to help me make up my mind.

Mach Speed Matrix PM9MS Socket 478 Motherboard and Intel Celeron D 340 2.93GHz Processor
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1179396&Tab=0&NoMapp=0
$59.99

DFI P4M266A Via Socket 478 MicroATX Motherboard and an Intel Celeron D 340 2.93GHz Processor
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1486783&Tab=0&NoMapp=0
$64.99

Some of you may think that the brand name "DFI" is much better than "Mach Speed", but the Mach Speed board has a lot more features including support for RAID and SATA Harddrives. I won't use these features now, but it might be useful for future upgrades. Also, the Mach Speed board is a little bit cheaper.
I mean, is Mach Speed a reliable company?

Thanks a lot.

i wuold go with the DFI cause if you want to OC you can OC very easily, idont nkow abuot mach speed, never heard of it.
but really its your choice

I recommend the Mach Speed. Although I have never heard of them before, the options that the MS board has, outweigh those of the DFI.

One thing in particular is the DFI board only supports up to 533MHz FSB, while the MS supports 800MHz. Although the Celeron D in either case only has a FSB of 533MHz, getting a mobo that only supports 533MHz strictly limits future expandibility.

I normally wouldn't recommend either one of those, but if you are stuck on those 2, I'd go with the MS.

If you want opinions on other alternatives, post back with a budget, and I'll see what I can find for you:D

Thanks guys for your opinions.
Well, it would be great if the cost of the case, motherboard, and cpu becomes around 140ish dollars (I have all the other stuff). Of course, the cheaper the better. This is the first PC I'm building, so I want to buy stuff that's not too expensive in case I break something or mess up.
Thanks.

I don't mean to spend your money. I know it's always easier for someone to spend another's money, but you can get a lot of bang for your buck if you decide to go with the AMD route. Just a suggestion. If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Ryan

He could't do much better with AMD for that amount of money

Mach Speed does offer more features for the money, and the possibility of upgrading

But I choose DFI for two reason, they are undeniably a better built board, and with tigerdirect rebates, dont ever expect to see your "rebate" again. They usually get "lost" and it's your "fault"

If possible get that CPU apokalipse listed, and find one of the original K7N2 Delta boards, like the MSI K7N2 Delta-ILSR Very stable boards and very easy to use for a beginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom