Intel Xeon=???

Status
Not open for further replies.
timmer said:
finaly a kid who has an amd but not an amd fan boy wahooooooo!!!! switch u da man yea the 64bit p4's 600 series are pretty good but the best is the dual core 64 bit intel extrem edition 1000$ ohh man i wan tthat chip i want it

Do you not like fanboys, because you sure sound like an intel fanboy :rolleyes:

why does falcon northwest and a few others put Xeon CPUs in thier high end gaming PCs? the Falcon Northwest Mach V (which came out last year) had one in it.

timmer said:
finaly a kid who has an amd but not an amd fan boy wahooooooo!!!! switch u da man yea the 64bit p4's 600 series are pretty good but the best is the dual core 64 bit intel extrem edition 1000$ ohh man i wan tthat chip i want it
I'd have to disagree. I think the best 3 CPU's are from AMD.
the Athlon 64 FX-57 for games
the Athlon 64 X2 4800+ for multitasking, multimedia, and sometimes beats the FX-57 in gaming
the Opteron 852 for raw CPU power (server)

I'm not saying the P4 EE's aren't good, but I don't think they're the best.

if you want a CPU equivalent to a Xeon, look for the Opteron 100 series.
however if you have the money, look at an Opteron 200 series, or even an 800 series processor.
200 = 2 way (2 virtual CPU's)
800 = 8 way (8 virtual CPU's)

and you can put Opteron 800 series processors in quad boards too. that means a total of 32 virtual CPU's.

can't remember exactly, I've seen so many benchmarks on them. the FX-57 wins most of the gaming benchmarks against the 4800+, but the 4800+ is always not far behind it. in a few gaming benchmarks it wins

for purely gaming, the FX-57 will win, however for about the same price, slightly less gaming performance in most cases, but really high performance in multi CPU apps, the 4800+ is the one to get

To be honest ..... I think, overall the X2's are better than the FX's maybe now the FX seems good.

..... But not many games take advantage of it's dual core CPU!

(like I said, I'm not sure!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom