$3000 to spend on a gaming rig. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
timmer said:
http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63155&highlight=x2+4800+buggy
ha burned burned burned burned all u guyz burned stfu counterstrike burned!!!!!!!!!!!!! X2 buggy in all ur faces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god some user who proberly just needed to update his bios had a problem.(note extreme sarcasm)

Find me one respectiful source that dont give the x2 4800 great review. I looked at tomhardware, amandtech, xbit labs they all test the athlon x2 4800 and I did not hear any mention of bugs. If you get the right bios and the right motherboard the cpu will do nothing but give you awsome performance. That what ever benchmarks show and every company that review it. I dont give much credence to one random user.

I can find a random user say there something wrong with every product in the history of computers that was ever made.

Yes timmer, please give specifications about what is buggy about the x2. I know of only one bug that the x2 has and it can easily be solved. The thermal throttling bug. Thats it. Just turn it off. Also, yes some very old games can run super fast because of the dual cored ness of the x2, but that happens on the pentium Ds also. There are no major bugs with the x2s besides the thermal throttling bug, which I repeat can be fixed by making sure your overclock is steady, and won't overheat, and turning off thermal throttling.

Edit: Please don't turn this thread into flame bait. If people need to argue argue over the PM system, or start a new thread dedicated to x2 bugs. This is getting way off topic here. Just needed to point this out.

Hey timmer, seems like everytime you post you either flame or think you know exactly what you're talking about. And I just looked up reviews on Newegg, ZZF, TigerDirect, TomsHardware, etc... not ONE damn bad review.

He probably got a damaged processor or needed to flash the BIOS, so next time you say "in my face" consider that is one user that had problems out of tons of ppl who have them right now.

ok this would be the best possible gaming rig
AMD FX-57
DFI NF4 SLI
2XeVGA 7800GTX
2XOCZ 1gig
Sound blaster 2 zs platinum
projecter (awsom one but would probebly cost above $3000 alone)
Thermaltake Armor case
OCZ powerstreem 520watt psu
20 inch dell lcd 16ms response time for playing during the day
try and get as much of that as you can from newegg and you will have an awsome system :)

i still say intel all the way for life u amd fan boys make me sick to my stomach when the dont know anything bout the intels. why does alienware use only intel??? and they are sick gaming pc's why why why????? exactly

maybe thats because they realized that amd is better for gaming, thats the "gaming" computer section. they are all amd.

stop being so cocky when you dont even do research or know what the hell your talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom