Video Card Problem =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenken

Baseband Member
Hello i resently bought a Geforce 5200 FX Pci for my old computer. I installed it with the latest drivers from nvidia. All the games i wanted it to play work fine and everything but my movies are super bright when i play then, i tried decreasing the monitor brightness and through the nvidia control panel thing but it wont lessed the brightness of all my movies anyone have any idea what might be happening?

How could it be monitor settings when ONLY his movies became bright with his new GPU?

Yeah, I had the same problem with those 77.72 drivers.

Anyway, here is a fix in a bit more detail:

start -> control panel -> display -> settings tab -> advanced -> your GPU tab -> color correction slideout

Change the "Apply color changes to:" drop down to "overlay".

You should know see a curve of some kind. What you want to see is a y=x line so you have an even spread of color effects. Any sort of curve will exaggerate brightness or darkness.

In order to make it a line, change the "color profile" drop down from "standard mode" to "advanced mode". This should make it linear or at least give you the ability to change the line yourself. If worse comes to worse, you can change it and make it a line yourself, though I don't think it should come to that IF you do it properly.

take your hardware acceleration down a couple notches, it is a 5200 after all. :)

I have had this problem on my computers. I have three video cards that are low end, two 5200's and one mx440, all could play movie/video files properly when the hardware acelleration was in the middle. You have to turn it back up for games though.

control panel>display>settings>advanced>troubleshoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom