dual channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONY_YAYO

Solid State Member
I have a few 256mb ddr2 333 sticks of ram and i was wondering if they would work in these motherboards
# Asus P5GD2 Premium Intel 915P socket 775 Motherboard
#ABIT AA8 P4 MOTHERBOARD 3.8GHZ LGA775
these motherboards are ddr2 capable but they list the ram slots as such : 4x DIMM Dual Channel DDR2 400/533.
also will my ram work in dual channel mode if i pair them up?

no! they will not work hence ddr 2 and ddr that is cause ddr2 is 240 pins and the notch is located in a different place than ddr so it wont even go in the slot get a 4x ddr 4 and run those peces in dual channel if they are the same kind and take the 2100 out it slows ur pc down a lot

timmer said:
no! they will not work hence ddr 2 and ddr that is cause ddr2 is 240 pins and the notch is located in a different place than ddr so it wont even go in the slot get a 4x ddr 4 and run those peces in dual channel if they are the same kind and take the 2100 out it slows ur pc down a lot

Ahhh! Lack of punctuation hurts my eyes :p Just kidding, buddy:D

Anyways, Tony, your DDR RAM sticks will not even fit in DDR2 slots. Like timmer said, you would need DDR2 sticks to fit in the DDR2 slots.

Also, yes, if you get a pair of similar RAM sticks and put them in one of those mobos, they should run in dual channel mode. Although, dual channel mode only gives about 1%-5% increase in performance.

yea i hate punctuation and fixing spelling errors takes to long man lol im laZy and it 3 in the morn man give me a break but i still type like this anyway lol punctuation caught caught english ahahaha waste of my time lol englsh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom