cant run command and conquer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I'm having trouble running a game called command and conquer generals on both of my home computers. I'll give the specs on computer 2 in a bit when I'm at it. In the meantime I'm at computer 1 right now, where it has 2.2 GHz and 256 RAM. The requirements are: 800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III and 128 MB RAM
as a minimum and 1.8 GHz with 256 RAM as recommended.

(i'm not sure if this better fits into the gaming section? that seemed to be mainly discussing different games, as opposed to problems running them)

MINIMUM CONFIGURATION (SOLO & 2-PLAYER MULTIPLAYER)

• Windows® 98, Windows 98SE, Windows Me, Windows 2000, or Windows XP (Windows NT and Windows 95 not supported)
• 800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III or AMD® Athlon™ processor
• 128 MB RAM
• 8x CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drive
• 1.8 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games (additional space required for Windows swap-file and DirectX™ 8.1 installation)
• 32 MB video card using the Nvidia® GeForce2™, ATI® Radeon™ 7500 AGP video card, or more recent chipset with DirectX 8.1 compatible driver
• DirectX 8.1 compatible 16-bit sound card
• Keyboard
• Mouse

RECOMMENDED (SOLO AND 2-8 MULTIPLAYER)
• 1.8 GHz or faster Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon processor
• 256 MB or more RAM
• 1.8 GB free hard disk space plus space for saved games
• Nvidia GeForce3™ or more recent Direct3D™ capable video card

What troubles are you having running this game? Need some info on why it wont run. I have C&C Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun. Post back with what it is doing so i can help.

Well on computer 1 it runs very slowly, two-fifths the speed its supposed to. Thats the one I described above, 1.8 GHz and 256 RAM. Now I'm on computer 2 which has a celeron 2.4 GHz and 500 RAM. Over here it doesnt run at all. It starts to start (ie it shows the CNC icon, then the screen goes blank like loading something) and then closes within seconds without reason. For a while, after it crashes everything on my computer is SO LARGE.
At least on computer 1 the game DOES run, just at two-fifths the speed its supposed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom