PC+Min Fridge= Great Cooling??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive read a couple of times about ppl submerging there computers in stuff, so couldnt you totally emerge your computer in distilled water and seal it off so nothing could "infect" the water or whatever? then just put that in a fridge

crazyeightballa said:
ive read a couple of times about ppl submerging there computers in stuff, so couldnt you totally emerge your computer in distilled water and seal it off so nothing could "infect" the water or whatever? then just put that in a fridge

I've heard of people that do that, completely submerge their tower in a liquid, though I do not think that it was just distilled water.

What about corrosion though?

the liquid you submerge your computer into is very expensive....and personally although TECHNICALLY, distilled water won't conduct anything I'm not about to try it.

Nor is that a very practical method to cooling, you'd still need to cool that liquid one way or another

well if you could do that you could put the secured case into the fridge

but do you think it would corrode?

maybe i should try it with like a $30 mac from the local thrift store...hehe

Corrosion is not the issue here, it is condensation. You have to worry about all your parts sweating and shorting themselves out.

As for the submersed in distilled water; It will work, but not for long. It will start to pick things up. Dirt, small metal filings, sediment, all kinds of crap that would slowly make the water conductive again. I've seen someone submerse their computer in oil, but it was only for looks really. You cannot get a good cooling on that, as you would always need the oil or whatever moving around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom