Best speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve max

Baseband Member
Just installed the Audigy 2 zs, and my harman,kardon 2.1 speaks just don't cut it. This sound card is capable of 7.1 but how much better can it be than 5.1. I have a home theatre system (sony) 61 inch toshiba and it rocks. My basement flooded a year ago and I havent finished fixing it yet. Insurance replaced the speakers got a kickass sony sub. Any way a little off topic, but how about some ideas on some decent computer speakers for the occaisional movie that I watch on it. Creative has a set but they want around $500 for them canadian, a little much. What do you reccommend?

I've got a cheaper set of Creative that I paid $40 USD for and they rock. You can get a nice set of JBL's but it all depends on how much you want to spend. Check tigerdirect.com.

why dont you hook up your computer to your home theater speakers......(unless the home theater is in a different room)

I have my computer hooked to my am and nothign beats having a huge system for music etc..

http://www.creative.com/products/welcome.asp?cat=4

I have a set of creative megaworks thx 5.1 550's and they are so loud i have to watch my volume level....i use my system for my media center also and the sound quality on the dvd's rocks....i have a sony surround sound system in my living room and i think the computer system sounds much better w/ the audigy2 sound card and the speakers i'm running.

Hey man they odda rock. Just checking them out. Says there 500watt. They gotta be loud. Sound awesome I bet. Priced them and they are 350cdn more than I would like to spend, but hey you want power and quality ya have to put out the cash. Hows the sub on your set. Is there anything that you don't like about them? Let me know every bit of info helps. thanks

the sub is unbelievable....i have the volume level on the pc damn near 0 b/c i live in a condo and when i first got them on just 3 notches up on my audigy i was gettin complaints b/c of the bass....after hearing the sound quality out of my system i feel that P.C.'S are definitely the wave of the future as far as media is concerned....All i need now is a ATI all in wonder pro graphics card and a 46" plasma screen to complete the media part of the system....but its gonna take some time w/ the screen costing 3stacks min.

Ya Mike your neighbours must love you. LOL . Ya I think you are right, I'm afraid if I buy the speakers you have I would never use my home theatre system! What do you think about the creative 7.1 set up. I think they are 90w+ plenty of sound and I know they are not the best but hey 7 speakers. I can get set for 160cdn the reviews I read so far are'nt bad, I know they are a far cry from your honkin 500w, just a thought, maybe you have heard these . also lookin at the logitech X620 6.1 around $100. If you don't ask you will never know..... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom