Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Is there a software program that supplies weather info for a desktop? Weather.com doesn't work for older systems such as win98se, which I have. If anyoone knows of one(U.S. feeds) please let me know of it.

TIA

Weather bug is a big memory hog. Whenever I use someones computer who has it running I always close it, and it seems to make a difference in how fast it is running. But maybe thats just older computers, I don't know.

weatherbug is spyware, i cant believe we have ppl recommending installing spyware apps on purpose. gee, did u try freeweather.com its spyware free and does its job quite well, my only complaint was that when there was severe weather it wouldnt shut up about it and also opt out of the free advanced search bar crap during installation.

this was taken straight from weatherbugs website,

WeatherBug.com collects information online primarily to make it easier and more rewarding for you to use our services. When you register, you will be asked at various times to provide information such as your name, email address, and/or information about what you like and do not like. We request this information to provide our strongest value to you - a personalized online experience

personalized is what they call targeted advertising now i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom