Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
the link i have above on my prev. resp. has some 500w psu's that i'd look into....there are a cpl of thermaltake 480w ones also who are very reputable....look for some online ratings on diff psu's if you'd like.

When it comes to watts and amps the more the better,
But this does not apply to VOLTAGE stay with what the manufacturer suggest not more or not less.

I used the mentioned wattage calculator and I was up to 330w on a 300w ps. The generic one had 6 molex connectors and if I added any more (with a Y) I was afraid of overloading it. So yesterday I bought the thermaltake 420w pure power. It was not the one I was wanting to buy but the assortment at the store was getting a little thin with xmas and all. Hooked it up and its quiet (quieter than I thought it would be after reading the reviews) and works excellent. It has 9 molex connectors and heavy and LONG wires so I am happy so far. It seems to stabilize the temp in my case as well with the extra fan on the bottom. Just my two cents.

steve max said:
I used the mentioned wattage calculator and I was up to 330w on a 300w ps. The generic one had 6 molex connectors and if I added any more (with a Y) I was afraid of overloading it. So yesterday I bought the thermaltake 420w pure power. It was not the one I was wanting to buy but the assortment at the store was getting a little thin with xmas and all. Hooked it up and its quiet (quieter than I thought it would be after reading the reviews) and works excellent. It has 9 molex connectors and heavy and LONG wires so I am happy so far. It seems to stabilize the temp in my case as well with the extra fan on the bottom. Just my two cents.

That is a nice PSU. Will last you a long time.

pete said:
When it comes to watts and amps the more the better,
But this does not apply to VOLTAGE stay with what the manufacturer suggest not more or not less.

lol shows how much you know, voltage=watts/amps lol a watt is a volt X an amp

IE: 10v X 15a= 150w

so you see, wattage is determined by voltage and amperes

damn dood, if youre going to speak, at least make sure you have some clue what youre talking about o and btw if you dont believe me:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=measurement

bottom table, look at the conversion for voltage its W/A

now, if youre trying to say "dont change it from 115 to 200" or whatever the #s are on the switch, then thats true, but that is only the base voltage setting (how many volts come into the PSU) and that is determined by country.

i would go with an antec or thermaltake PSU, at about 500W

as long as you purchase a quality power ATX power supply all the voltages are within acceptable specs. basically any power supply over $50 have stable voltage.

i think he was saying that some poorly made power supplys have voltage levels that fluctuate or deviate out of normal parameter. this causes system instabilty or poor overclocking performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom