Another stupid question....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaii

Beta member
I start up computer (Not this one, the one I'm upgrading, this one sucks), it shows me a screen with Tab for POST, del for BIOS, I set up some of the obvious BIOS stuff, time date ect, then chose optimized settings, saved and exited the bios, and just as windows is getting ready to load up I see a blue screen flash, far too fast to see what it says, and then the computer restarts and goes through the whole thing again.

In between the exited BIOS and prep to load up windows, it goes through a couple of black background screens with random info as if it was loading up normally, and then goes to the screen that asks if I want to load up windows with safe, safe with X, safe with Y, last working settings or normal windows, none of them work and all result in a restart.

New stuff: MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI

MSI Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX

AMD Athlon 64 processor 3500 winchester socket: 939

No longer has: 56k modem, never even used it in this computer, always had cable internet that plugs into a USB port, and AVer Media AVer TV somethingorother that I've also never used, don't think those are the problem.

2 identical ram sticks, 4 slots, green/purple/green/purple on the motherboard, put them in the first 2, which I think is ok....

BUT....the power supply lead in my old computer had only 10 "sections" each side, 20 wires/slots, but the new motherboard has room for 24 (12 each side), and whereas that leaves 4 unused. It fitted in the slot fine, and the computer powers up fine, although this is probably the problem I really don't know.

Edit: Put it here because this is due to my DIY upgrade. ;)

....Currently using my other computer, any solution that requires *getting* to windows wont work.

Yeah you really want the extra 4 pins, you should REPLACE your power supply.

Also, have you tried reinstalling windows, beacuse it seems you did something like using an old copy of windows (that's been installed on a different PC) with your new system.

or u jst might need to flash the bios set for low setting and try to boot but yea a good reformat and more power should do the trick for sure
and damn someone got a bonus or something lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom