GeForce FX 5900 LE "Ticking" Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slam'n Systems

Veteran Techist Member
My graphics card GeForce FX 5900 LE that I got from my relatives computer..room next to mine.. has been working fine for the past month, except if a fan isn't blowing in my PC Case when I am playing BF2, sometimes the Blue Screen comes up but works fine other then that..that's once in a GREAT while the blue screen comes up.

Well, now I turned on my computer, it was working fine for about 30 minutes, then I go play the MotoGP 3 Demo and a nVidia screen came up and it said this:

To protect your hardware from potential damage or causing a potential system lockup, the graphics processor has lowered its performance to a level that allows continued safe operations.

Popped up 200 times ..seriously, I checked in Windows Task Manager.

Now, I can't even go from one website to another, goto My Computer or anywhere without it popping it up. And it seems, each time I go somewhere, it makes a "ticking" noise .. just 1 tick per each time I click on something.

And another weird thing .. my Hard Drive light is now constantly on like it's running?

Please Help!

Getting too hot, have you oc'ed it by any chance? Or your room mate? Check the clock/memory with PowerStrip and let us know what it is.

Heyyo,

Either that or the vidcard's failing..

You sure the ticking's coming from the vidcard? usually the ticking is coming from a HD that the ide cable is falling out of, or the HD is dying.

Before I shut my computer down for like 10 minutes, I checked where the ticking came from and yes, it is from the Hard Drive.

I am installing PowerStrip now, I'll let you know what its at.

BTW, I am now back on the computer and it isn't doing it. And no, has not been overclocked.

EDIT:

Engine Clock: 400 MHZ
Memory Clock: 700 MHZ

It's on the edge of Green to yellow.

That's fine, I think that is the standard clock speed. So it is just running hot, the fan isn't working well, get some more fans in that case.

It's been working fine for a while and now the ticking is coming back. Yesterday I forgot to put my desk fan that blows into the computer on before I play my game so then I started playing..came up the nVidia error again, turned on the fan and it was fine. Now the HD just won't stop ticking no matter what I do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom