water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
1/2 tubing is 1/2 tubing. How could one have more resistance over the other?
Tubing is NOT just tubing....Some are more flexible...less resistant to cracking as it ages, the chemical make up of the tubing would provide it to be more resistant against whatever was going through the tubing...not like anyone is running harsh chemicals through a WC setup, but theres a reason that you can get cheap ass tubing from home depot and why tygon 3603 is 'laboratory' grade....go tell a science department that would actually use tygon that "HEY TUBING IS TUBING MAAAN" and they'll look at you like a moron.

As for bends, theres a guy at XS who posted some ribbed tubing that's smooth on the inside that can make pretty tight bends.

Do you think Tygon and Clearflex 60 are worth the extra cash? Besides its ability to bend, is the quality of material and life efficiency worth it? If I spent that much on tubing, would I ever have to replace it as opposed to a generic set?

Couldn't you just get some generic tubing (assuming "bendability" is not your issue) and replace it every now and then? A problem could be that you may end up paying more with time.

meh, suppose if you're using distilled water and antifreeze which most normal WC setups are, you'd be fine with normal hosing.

Tygon is slightly more flexible than clearflex, but it's main properties of chemical resistance and things like that are things we don't really care about.

You'd definitely not want to use cheap ass tubing if you're doing chilled water cooling and using ethel alcohol I think it is they use in the loop.

Even tygon needs to be replaced and not reused once you clean out your system every 6 months or however long because the ends get stretched out and wont make tight seals on the barb once you take em off and try to put them back on, unless you were just unplugging one section and leaving the rest on or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom