Q: Upgrade to a San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.

gate9

Baseband Member
AMD 64 FX-55, Clawhammer is currently on my motherbord NF-CK804. Chipset: nVidia nForce4. Can I upgrade to a San Diego?

gate9 said:
AMD 64 FX-55, Clawhammer is currently on my motherbord NF-CK804. Chipset: nVidia nForce4. Can I upgrade to a San Diego?

You must have a lot of money to waste if you thinking of upgrading from a fx-55 clawhammer to a fx-55 san deigo. The performance difference is next to none. The only minor advantage you would get is slightly better overclocking ability.

Why would would want to spend $850 for such a small upgrade.

If you got that much money to waste just go ahead and get a athlon fx-57 or x2 4800+.

To make a long story short. An agreement is being considered to upgrade the processor for reasons of customer satisfaction with a purchase that I had made, but with some dissatisfaction. The Clawhammer pumping out more heat and consuming more power isn't a really consideration??????? That I should worry about. I may be exaggerating a little but doesnÂ’t this older core suck energy like an air conditioner.

No, not compared to the prescotts. But the sandiego will be better in terms of heat and power because they use strained silicon and are manufactuered in a 90 nm process, so get that if you can for no extra money.

of corse if you can get san deigo for no cost go for it. I was just saying that it not worth completly upgrading if it going to cost you alot of money.

I have a clawhammer athlon fx-55 and did suffer from some heat problems using stock cooling and stock heat pad. What I did was buy a thermaltake x90C, vantec 92mm tornado and artic silver 5. Now my temps bearly ever get over 40C under full load and idle it in the very low 30's.

If you can upgrade for free go for it. Otherwise it would be cheaper upgrading heatsink to deal with cooling then buying a whole new cpu.

Even if you had to pay 200 the upgrade is worth it, as if you have an fx-55 you 99% are likely to be an overclocker

it would be cheaper a lot cheaper just to get water cooling for 250$ u can get a damn good one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom