Computer Freezes (tried everything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I my goodness, Belarc had run on this system a couple years ago showing there were two memory sticks in it. Now when I opened up to troubleshoot there was only one. I'm rushing off to buy another memory module. THanks for the tip.....

Thanks for the help, we'll see if that works. I have a feeling that will do the trick nicely.

what are you talking about... its not even psu, that his computer is slowing down.

I kind of just ignored that comment, I assumed that stood for Power Supply Unit......

what are you talking about... its not even psu, that his computer is slowing down.
A computer lock-up is in most cases the result of instability. Instability is usually cased by parts getting underpowered, and since he not overclocking, and has swapped out numerous other parts, it leads me to believe his power supply is either dying, or not provided adaquent power..

PSU is indeed an abbreviation for power supply unit

just put a new memory card first, then we will see if it is the power supply. what is your spec anyway?

Well it froze again, looks like we're trying power supply first thing Monday morning!!! DARNIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom