Types of DVI wires foro LCD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlosian

Solid State Member
i'm new to the whole LCD monitor thing. i just got a samsung 930b which has an analog and dvi connection. went to my local, non-national, cpu shop and got a dvi wire for $15. i take it home an try to connect it the dvi port on my monitor and it won't fit. my monitor has a dvi port that does not have the 2 holes above and below the horizontal bar on the connector end. the dvi wire that I bought has the 2 pins above and below the horizon car on the connector. my question is, how do you know what to buy and is there an adapter to solve this problem? i thought all dvi wires were standard just like the analog connector on a monitor.

i dont know much about this stuff but does ur card have dvi on it what kinda card is it??? if it doesnt have dvi and ur monitor does then i dont know what to tell ya i dont fully inderstand the question??why do u need and adapter if ur card and monitor have dvi on tham and ask the store whats up

i have a xfx gforce 6600 GT with dual DVI ports. my monitor is a samsung 930b with 1 dvi por and 1 analog port. i bought a dvi chord that fits into my video card but it doesn't fit into my monitor. both dvi port on my card and monitor are female ports therefore i bought a dual male dvi chord.

how many types of dvi chords are there? why won't it fit my monitor but it will fit my video card?

Um weird i think it should fit...i knows theres a dvi-d, but i didnt think it was a different connection..

yes, the samsung 930b has a dvi connector which is also known as a digital connection.

i went out to walmart and bought a dvi wire for HD tv's. this one fitted both my monitor and video card.

why is it that the ones that are sold at radioshack don't fit my monitor but the HD tv's one do?

Ah youve been radioshacked.....who knows man.....buy computer stuff from a computer store/online or London Drugs if you can.

Like i said, stay away from radioshack...who buy the way are being bought out I believe....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom