Crossfire and the x900

Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
Well, I decided to start a topic about the long-awaited Crossfire. It is coming out soon, and I just wanted to see what everyone thinks about it.

Who thinks it will outperform nVidia's SLI? I personally don't think it will.

Now, about the x900's. At the rate ATI is going, the higher the model number, the crappier it is going to be.

I will bet anyone $1000 Monopoly dollars that 2x 7800's in SLI vs 2x x900's in Crossfire, that the 7800's will win.

Now yes this is fanboyism because I have had bad experiences with ATI, and I just love nVidia so much more, but what do other ppl think about this?

I personally want to see what stock speeds the x900's will be, and how cards will work w/ crossfire.

I think X900s will win. ATIs have always been faster, only SM 3.0 saved Nvidia. With SM 3.0 and Crossfire, it'll beat the daylights out of the nvidia. Now that ati incorporates the same features as nvidia. WIth the higher clock speeds of the ati, they'll win for sure along with intel.
Roger

ATI will come out on top, just because they have had more time. You watch when the next nvidia card comes out, ATI always one step behind.

ATI said, they never produced 'crossfire' because they thought that Nvidia would not do it anyway.

ATI will come out on top, for time reasons. Wait for the next card to come out from nvidia though.

Also, about the 7800. I've read a magazine review from pcworld, and it really is and imo deserves to be a new generation of cards.

Nvidia are set on the future of graphics cards on pixel processing. I think the next card really will be shit hot.

About ATI too. I feel they just rush out their cards to give the latest nvidia cards a run for its money, thus why what seems about 50% of people have problems with their cards.

Crossfire's design is much better than Nvidia SLI. Nvidia divides the screen in half, and ATI puts it in a checkboard pattern.

And, ATI x900 on paper is better than the 7800GTX. It's a 32 pipe vs 24 pipe card. If ATI ever gets 32 pipes working, it will most likely own the 7800GTX

IF the x900 ever comes out, and when it does nVIDIA will probably have a new card out, it will also be way too expensive.

GameGURU said:
IF the x900 ever comes out, and when it does nVIDIA will probably have a new card out, it will also be way too expensive.

As long as its taking, you'd think Valve is behind this project. :p

Yes, well the x900 is supposed to be the superior to the 7800GTX, but yes then nVidia is going to come out with a new card that will equal 32 pipes, and with RivaTuner and Coolbits hacks, you could probably unlock those extra pipes :)

Yes, I like Crossfire's design better than SLI, but it sucks nVidia cards won't work on it :(

GameGURU said:

They can release it with a 110nm Low-K process anytime, their just aiming for 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom