what should i buy??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrgilbert

Solid State Member
Well, first off i'd just like to say hey cause im brand new to the forums. My question is what should i get?? I'm buildin a computer for the first time, and its not that i am completley clueless, i know roughly what i want, but i want to know what suggestions anyone has on brands that are better than others, etc. I'm lookin at a 939Motherboard with a 939 3700 AMD athlon 64. I want my mother board to have capacity for 4 gb of ram. But im not sure which brands are better than others. I've heard Abit, maybe Asus. Which brand of Ram is better than others? I am completley clueless on that. I'm planin on gettin a Radeon X800 video card, i've used ati and nvidia in the past and for the money i ati products much better, and i'm not droppin the money for a 6800ultra....yet. What hard drive should i get? I want at least 7200rpm of course, but id really like to rig it up with a 10000rpm if it all possible. The drives aren't so much a big deal but i just wanna make sure the components i'm gettin are wicked. Hoping to spend around $1500 on this little project. Any suggestions?? Please help if at all possible!!

DFI Lanparty motherboards are where i would go. For a videocard, budget wise, a 6600GT will do you well. If you can afford the 6800GT I would go with that. The 6600GT is like $150 and the 6800GT's are just under $300. HDD go with western digital or seagate.

First of all,

DFI Lanparty mobo.

Try see if you can get a 6800GT, preforms well. Manufacturer, Leadtek.

DFI make the best motherboard's for AMD processors right now. Their Lanparty Ultra-D and SLI-DR are their model's you should be looking at (One is SLI, one is not)

Also right now, Nvidia is a much better buy than ATI cards, both features and peformance wise. 6600GT and 6800GT are the two card's that are good for the money, you can easily overclock a 6800GT to 6800 Ultra speeds.

But if you do decide to buy ATI, that would be good too, because it benefits me and my economy.

LOL Chris.

Almost everyone here will recommend DFI, and there is no reason not to, they pwn.

As far as video card, do not get Leadtek, I have heard they have problems every once in a while. I say go with eVGA or XFX 6600GT or 6800GT

For RAM, G. Skill, Patriot, Mushkin, and Corsair are all good brands.

You can get a 74GB 10k RPM Western Raptor for about $160.

Make sure you get a case w/ good cooling and a good PSU, because if I were you, I would be overclocking that processor and ram.

XFX are one of the most troublesome manafactuers

I am an XFX vicitm.

6600GT #1: Random reboots, I RMA it

6600GT #2: This is the new card from the RMA, it works, but shears like a )*($%$ and has caused 2x random reboots (with windows saying it was the card)

Aww Chris, sorry to hear that :( I have heard good things about XFX. I lik eVGA the best, I was just trying to give him options :p

thanks for the advice...love the LAN party mobo. Another question for all of you...what do recomend i get for a monitor. I don't want to spend too much on this, but i want decent resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom