OCZ Rev 2's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
So after diving into overclocking and not getting far, I've found that it was the Corsair (Not a word out of you Nubius, Mr. Corsair Hater. :p :p ) It was on sale, gimmie a break.
I've walked through a few review sites on the Rev 2's and they look like the better option.
I only wonder if there will be a slight drop in performance from loosening the timings after 250MHz or so. I like the fact that you can OC that high without much change in voltage or timings.
Wow, I think im just rambling. What do you think?

Reference

U cant go wrong with rev. 2s. You do get performance loss from lowering the timings, just a little, but you will get better peformance with low latencies on the rev2 than ur value corsair ram. Then when u up ur frequency to 250, with lowered timings, the performance will be much better than stock freq and higher timings. You can run benchmarks to see hte difference in data transer.

Yea those gskills are a little out of my reach, but they look pretty hot.
I might have to jump on the rev 2's soon, Im not gonna go extreme ocing or anything, I'd just like to get my 3000 up to 3500 or so.

Do you think it would be more beneficial to use 1:1 or dividers?
For instance, getting the RAM up to 250 on 1:1, making sure its stable and what not, then set it to DDR333 and OC just the HTT so the RAM is back up to 250? would this little push from the CPU help anymore?

Dilly.

You use a divider when you have the ram that calls for it, or your OC is ridiculously high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom