Computer Freezes (tried everything!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrena

Baseband Member
Windows 2000 box is freezing up. Formatted and reinstalled, froze on windows update. Swapped out different hard drives, memory cards, NIC, and ran hardware diagnostics. Changed fans and added additional fans. So for the most part I've eliminated OS and most removable hardware, and I've tried setting it up in a different room with monitor, mouse, keyboard. All attempts it still freezes. So I think maybe motherboard?......Any other ideas anybody's ran across? Oh and one more thing it does seem to freeze up on the internet a lot (but not all the time), is there something funky with Internet Explorer that could make it freeze up?

(Yes it has all the patches, spyware, and virus programs up to date):eek:

Sounds like memory error to me, run memtest as he said, that should tell you weather you have a faulty ram module.

Ok I'm running the memtest right now, but is this testing RAM or ROM because in my original post I did swap out the memory modules and it still froze up.

Well it was put together by a hardware business in my town. I did run Belarc though, what did you want to know about? Like I said before, I eliminated hard drive, ram, NIC, ran hardware diagnostics, replaced fans, etc. I'm coming to the conclusion it is motherboard/processor. But it's weird that it seems to freeze mostly on internet.

I'm guessing he doesn't have enough memory to run the window. That's what happen to my computer, when it had windows 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom