did you know? (Updated: All Visitors Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJ-CHRIS said:
I was searching e-week
"Still, defragmentation can improve the speed of backups"

"All defragmenting is going to do for you is make your data more retrievable from a hard drive crash,"

Here's all their articles by the way

http://www.eweek.com/search_results/0,1208,,00.asp?qry=disk+defragmentation&filterapp=&site=7

That's a great article. As evident in this thread and many other discussions, there's been a lot of debate about the pros and cons of defragging. Each vendor has done their own research, but I'm glad that e-week actually talked to some experts in the field.

I myself defrag my drive daily using a third party software. I know some people will say that daily defrag is an overkill but my third party defrag is smart enough to actually determine and skip a day or so if the drive is not fragmented.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Most people that work at computer stores are dumb, I outsmart 99% of the people I see working at computer stores.

Anyways, you should be able to remeber an intresting article you read from a magazine.

Word up on this.... this is soooo true. If they actually knew enough about computers they would not be working at a retail outlet.

Oh, and you people that do daily defrags... you have way too much time on your hands. That's like a mechanic that changes his oil every week.

Him...lol..

smileygladhands said:
Word up on this.... this is soooo true. If they actually knew enough about computers they would not be working at a retail outlet.

Oh, and you people that do daily defrags... you have way too much time on your hands. That's like a mechanic that changes his oil every week.

Its not that hard to defrag every day and takes only 3 clicks of the mouse to do it. I dont sit there and stare at it defraging, but rather, I do it while doing other things like typing this right now.
Btw i'm a mechanic...

Originally posted by vaderpro
Its not that hard to defrag every day and takes only 3 clicks of the mouse to do it. I dont sit there and stare at it defraging, but rather, I do it while doing other things like typing this right now.
Btw i'm a mechanic...
Heyyo,

LOL. That's awesome man, lol... It's kindof like kicking him in the teeth suttlely. :p

Anywho, there was definately communication problems that lead to flaming eachother, that I agree with him. But him, some of these guys have that diskeeper, and it does defrag fast and not sap up the comp. (Remember, I tried it out, and i could still play HL2 smoothly while defragging 1 HD.. so yes, wow).

But it is pissing me off, it won't fully defrag my 2nd hd, and saying it needs a "boot defrag" I mean, wth, built in windows defragger always got it down to 5% file fragmentation or less. My D HD is always stuck at 34% file fragmentation with this diskeeper home.. Guess it won't settle ti'll you buy pro. Maybe someday (soon) when I have a job I'll get pro, for now I'm sticking with windows built in defragger.

ThE_MarD said:
Anywho, there was definately communication problems that lead to flaming eachother, that I agree with him. But him, some of these guys have that diskeeper, and it does defrag fast and not sap up the comp. (Remember, I tried it out, and i could still play HL2 smoothly while defragging 1 HD.. so yes, wow).

I wasnt the one that argued the speed of Diskeeper, I wasnt touching that one. We have it here at work, and it does a defrag super fast! It's good too, because, unlike the MS one, you can do thigns and it dosent need exclusive access to the drive. But that kind of does defeat the purpose of a defrag, because while it is defragging, you are busy fragging the drive (and in the game :p)

I want to say it again... [Flame snipped]

I've used Diskeeper for almost a year now, and never had any trouble with it. I wonder why you are having so much?
------
Yes, Chris seems to know his stuff.

Oh, what's that saying... "If you claim knowledge....." umm "you don't know shat."
I cant remember.

I think there's just too much testosterone in the air. People get uptight and defend themselves too much.

rofl.... i haven't even read this.. what the hell are you talking about him.. that's not the article ... He just got the wrong article... Him, i just don't want to argue with you, but I think you have no life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom