Uninstalling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skateman11

Solid State Member
I downloaded a program for my Windows XP computer. I learned I didn't have the right requirements, so I tried uninstalling it. A message came up that said, "Could not load INSTALL.LOG." How do I get "INSTALL.LOG"?

install.log is created sepcifically for uninstalling. when you install a program, it'll log everything that was changed in your system, new files, reggistry settings, etc. so that it change it back later. i've also had that problem before. see if there is an INSTALL.LOG file in the program's directory. if there is, open it and see if you something unusual. if there isn't, you can always try to reinstall and see if it creates one. otherwise, you'll have to remove everything manually. usually just delete the program's folder and remove registry entries. let us know how it went

try system restore i mean if that program doesnt want to install has it worked before or what if not try getting a new one maybe it was a basd download or something.

Actually I figured out how to uninstall it. I deleted all parts of the registry that I was allowed to delete, then removed the program from the add/remove programs list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom