chkdsk??

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
every time i startup my computer it runs a check disk on the same partition. I have a 160gb drive and the partition that keeps getting checked is 60gb. then when i try to defrag the drive i get an error of "Diskeeper has detected that CHKDSK is scheduled to run on the volume: (E:. This is due to either a user request or because the oprating system has found errors in teh file system. CHKDSK will run automatically durint the next system reboot. until chkdsk is run, diskeeper cannot defragment this volume. any idea how to fix this with out formating the partition

You can go in the properties of the hard drive and find the check disk section. See if it has "run at reboot" or "schedule at reboot" checked.

Do you just want the rebooting problems to go away? I have no idea what your problem is, but If you just want to have a faster boot up, and are annoyed by the messages regarding your hard drive at the bootup, I would try shutting the computer with Hibernate. It might improve the bootup speeds, it might not, but its worth a try if you don't want to actually spend alot of time troubleshooting the problem.

If you would want to fix the problem, although I have no idea how to, you should try reformatting. Preferablly, someone with more knowledge will come and help you fix your problem. Until then, if you want a faster bootup and don't want that annoying message, try hibernating.

OK, this was in the Maximum PC magazine I got today...one sec I'll find it.

Your opperating system schedualled the Chkdsk opperation, because of possible bad sectors. If you want to schedual one yourself go to Start choose Run and type "chkdsk/f". The next time you start your computer it will run.

I had a large folder of vid files which is why i did not format. i took that folder and moved it to a different partition and was able to check the disk through the properties menu then defrag and problem is fixed. i did not have the problem on the partition i moved the files to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom