What exactly is Centrino and why is it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the P-M scales very similarly with the A64 in clock speeds, a 2ghz Pentium M is close to a 3.2 GHZ p4 with HT.

i dont know what more u can want to ask bout it it uses less power its faster built in wireless thats pretty much all u need to know and it works very well if u want it get it

centrino just refers to the bundle intel puts with the pentium M, CENTRINO denotes a chipset, wireless, and CPU all from intel. the wireless is better than average, and uses roughly same energy as other on-board wireless b/g variants. as for the cpu it is more efficient per-clock than even the best AMD's which is a shame, because i can't hate intel as much as i used to now... they sell a board for it now, and on air people are getting 50%+ overclocks, so a viable option for a very powerful desktop chip.(no hyperthreading on any pentium M's tho, and they will never go dual core probably.)

Rawan AbuSalman said:
so basically a 2Ghz centrion is the equivilant of a 3Ghz P4 (more or less)
What other benifits (wireless) does it have that the P4 doesnt?

thanx

No its more equivalent to a 4.0Ghz Pentium 4. The 1.6GHz is equivalent to 3.2Ghz. YOu multiply by 2. And for amd its just conicedence that the processor number i.e 3000+ can be contrasted to the Intel Pentium 4 3.0Ghz.
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom