4 sticks of RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

digitaloracle

Daemon Poster
I recently aquirered 2x512 sticks of ram to replace my current 2x256 setup. Both the new modules and the old ones are OCZ (Performance line I think, one step below their O/Cing line) with heatspreaders (they probably don't do anything, but they look cool and I can't remove them w/o voiding the warranty. I was intending on selling the 256s, but they wouldn't fetch me much (a freind will buy them for $40). So, I am thinking of using them in my system in addtiona to they new sticks. However, I have 2 questions:

1.) I have heard that there can be stability issues with multiple assorted stick of ram. Is this in any way true?
2.) Has anyone tried to put 4 sticks with heatspreaders onto a mobo that has the ddr sockets right nixt to each other? (like this)? I am very concerned aboout any bending/forcing that might be needed to get the sticks in there.
3.)Are there any possible memory issues that will not be detected in memtest?

1)No
2) Sry I haven't tried.
3) No I don't think so.

What kind of CPU do you have? You only get DDR400 with 4 sticks with the venice cores. Can't get them with the winnys or newcastles.

Also, 40 dollars for 2 sticks of 256 isn't that bad. Your only down 10 dollars, since 1GB of that ocz ram will cost around 100 dollars after mail in rebates off of newegg.

I have an LGA775 with a 915P (I think, might be G (I've been away from home for 4 weeks)) chipset, so I think I'll be fine. I know $40 isn't too bad, in fact it is rather high considering they are used. I'm glad to hear there are no stability issues (one step closer to 1.5gigs :) )

no problems, modules should fit, without bending.
No compatibility issues normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom