How Do I configure computer to boot from CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Alright I am having major trouble installing a program onto my computer. First of all I can not make my computer boot from a CD.

So far I got this:

I went into the Advanced CMOS Setup

And here is the list

Quick Boot: Enabled
1st Boot Device: Floppy
2nd Boot Device: IDE-0
3rd Boot Device: CDROM
4th Boot Device: Disabled
Try Other Boot Devices: Yes
Trend Anti-Virus Feature: Enabled
Floppy Access Control: Read-Write
S.M.A.R.T. for the Disks: Disabled
BootUp Num-lock: On
Floppy Drive Swap: Disabled
Floppy Drive Seek: Enabled
PS/2 Mouse Support: Enabled
Primary Display: VGA/EGA
Password Check: Setup
Boot to OS/2>64 MB: No
Internal Cache: Write Back
External-Cache: Write Back
System BIOS Cacheable: Enabled
C000, 32k Shadow: Cached
C800, 16k Shadow: Disabled
CC00, 16k Shadow: Disabled
D000, 16k Shadow: Disabled
D400, 16k Shadow: Disabled
D800, 16k Shadow: Disalbed
DC00, 16k Shadow: Disabled

Ok so what I did is that I changed the first Boot Device to CDROM and kept the 3rd at CDROM (Because I have to CD-ROM drives) I changed the 2nd Boot Device to Disabled and Changed "Try other boot devices" to No.

However When I did the Changes it said that " No Boot Record found on CDROM"

Can I get help from anyone out here to boot from CD.

O and another Question....

How do you configure Windows XP to boot from CD....I got to the Set Up menu and i dont know what else to do.

reboot your puter on when you first boot up hit del or F2 what ever your mobo requests and enter the CMOS. go to the area where you select the order of boot devices and make your cdrom the 1st boot device. hit F10 and save the bios and then you will be prompted by the system to hit any key to boot from the cd. :)

Well.....it needs to be a CD with some kind of OS on. You can make a bootable CDrom for xp. Why is this needed? Your better off making a bootable floppy disk unless it's an install/repair. if you have no os on you hd then your cmos would look to the next device in the chain anyway so why do you want this to happen for ya?

Edit: You can't just throw any old CD in there and expect it to boot up because you will bet the exact error message yo are already getting. after the bios is loaded it looks for a deivce containing the operating system. If none is found...no dice!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom