Tried to unlock my pipelines on my 6800 but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ring0

Solid State Member
Here is basicly what happened after i tried to unlock my pipelines with Riva Tuner. I tried once with pipes and V shaders and then once with just pipes. Turning off the extra pipelines and leaving the V shader works fine though...

unlockedpipes.JPG

Ugh.. Black lines everywhere. I am using the newest updated Nvidia driver, and was wondering if anyone could tell me what i need to do to get these pipelines to work! I was using this guide when i did it.
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=1500237&frmKeyword=&STARTPAGE=2&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

They will not work. It is the lottery if you get a good 6800, with working pipelines. You will have to lock them back - the good thing with softmods.

You could always try the RMA, and try again.

Well here is what happens

a 6800GT is being produced, but it has a few broken pipelines.
They go OH, this has broken pipes. Lets turn off 4 of the pipes (including the broken one) and sell it as a 6800

Heyyo,

Yeah, I read that, and it said not everyone gets luck with unlocking extra pipelines. I guess you diddn't luck out man. :(

Try what this guy said, you'll get some preformance boost, but not as much as with those extra pixel shader pipelines open too, but close enough eh?

from that link for opening pipelines
Most, however, have reported that if there were artifacts, you could usually lock back just the pipes and keep the vertex shader open and the artifacts will go away. If you'd like to try that, simply uncheck the pipe (labelled Pixel Unit x in the customize screen) and don't uncheck the Vertex Unit.

yea. the extra pipes are not tested to be working, or have been tested and dont work.

unlocking extra pipes is always a gamble...

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

Yeah, I read that, and it said not everyone gets luck with unlocking extra pipelines. I guess you diddn't luck out man. :(

Try what this guy said, you'll get some preformance boost, but not as much as with those extra pixel shader pipelines open too, but close enough eh?

Yea thats what i have going right now.

so is it possible for me to unlock my pipelines and if they don't work, to lock them back up and it will work fine? i always thought that if you unlock them, you can't lock them back and if they dont' work than your screwed. help me out here.

You can lock them back up, if you can see what your doing I believe.

Just need to stick a PCI card in their to lockup

DJ-CHRIS said:
Well here is what happens

a 6800GT is being produced, but it has a few broken pipelines.
They go OH, this has broken pipes. Lets turn off 4 of the pipes (including the broken one) and sell it as a 6800

6800GT uses GDDR3 while 6800 uses DDR...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom