help with display adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalarosa8

Beta member
well this all started along time ago when i got an invalid page error that wouldn't let me access much of anything on my computer. nothing worked. but i found a way to get on the internet through my version of rpg toolkit and i found out how to delete everything on my hard drive and start over. i did that. and installed windows 98. but now the color is stuck at 16 colors and the resolution is stuck at the lowest one. and i can't change the adapter from Standard PCI Graphics Adapter (VGA). everytime i try to change it. i get a message saying to restart my computer which i do then when i comes back it says that the one i chose wont work and that i should set it back to the VGA one. but before i did the hard drive wipe and installing of windows the resoluion and color were fine and i could select true color and get the reolution up to the 1000 one. what should i do?

Yea, Windows 98 has that problem if it doesn't recognize your graphics card on install. Download the latest drivers and you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom