Building a new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syn7ax 3rror

Banned
Hey guys. I'm new here, so please don't go hard on me.

Orite, I wanna build a new computer that won't cost more than around 1400.

I know some specs I want on it, and here they are:

Proc/Mobo: AMD 3500+, MSi neo 4 SLi,
RAM: 2 gb crosshar DDR, I already HAve 512 of it,
Hardrive: Already have a 120 GB,
GFX Card: 7800GTX :),
Cas: Not sure,
Drives: I'll be taking min with me,

Please let me know what you think about this build.

Make sure that it is a Venice core for the CPU.

The DFI lanparty is cheaper, and is a better motherboard.

Make sure that the RAM you already have is PC3200 (DDR400) otherwise it will be a annoying bottleneck in your system

Drools at the GPU.

Cas?

You will need to get a new PSU, and you will need to get a 24pin one. And do not skimp on it. It is the most important thing in the system, and if you get a cheap one, it would be a big mistake, as I would not like to see that system burnt out by a cheap PSU. I would recomend one from OCZ, Antec (tp 2 as it is 24pin) or get the Enermax 600w SLI one.

Are you overclocking?

You may want to only get 1gb as that is enough right now.

I'll prolly shut it down for the night. Yea, I think I'm gonna go with the lan party MOBO, looks alot nicer. Also, that fan takes up to much power lol.

I'm only getting a 600 PSU.

And only 1 gb RAM? I want 2gb.

go wtih 2gb, games are starting to ask for it, lol (bf2). OCZ el plat rev 2 is sometimes hard to find, but very nice ram if u can.

Get a PSU with string rails, or itl suck when ur ocing.

Nothings wrong with the Neo-4 it can overclock just as well as the DFI with TCCD chips, and also priced at 130, it includes better sound and SLI, so it is def cheaper than the DFI. Just get the NEO-4. Also, you would want to get The AMD 3200+, since it will give the same overclock as a 3500+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom