PC problem pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thaiger

Solid State Member
Hi i'm new to the forum. I'm trying to fix my sister's pc where it will not boot up properly and sometimes it boot up and shut down. my first step was i install windows xp all over again, luckily there was a partition in the HD. Now here's the problems i notice:

1. occasionally it freezes
2. i don't know if it's the video card but the picture/text/border look wobble.
3. I need to get rid of the box where it has the "log on to windows" with the user name & password

from what i remembered:

Computer: AMD Duron (tm) processor 950MHz 248MB ram
video card: Trident video accelerator blade 3d/promedia

Thanks in advance

For #1. When does it freeze? Is a specific program running?

#2. After you reloaded windows, did you re-install the vid card drivers?

#3. Goto Start --> Run --> type control userpasswords2 --> Un-check the box that says "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer"

Hi thanks for the speedy reply.

#1. sometime it just freeze when i'm not running any application. like it would freeze when i finish booting up the pc.
#2. would it be possible that the video card work on a seperate partition D:? meaning when i install windows xp on the C: the video card automatically work becaue it was already install on the D:? samething goes with the sound card. i didn't have to install the driver it automatically work. only problem is that as i'm typing i see the text/border doesn't look sharp meaning it's acting up in a strange way. Btw, i know what it looks like if i didn't install the video driver. but if i have to re-install it again i will do so, it's just that i don't have the cd and i google for Trident video accelerator blade 3d/promedia video card i was not able to update the driver?

#3. I will give that a i try.

Thank you.

Wouldn't help you even if you could and you can't. Does this mobo have onbaord video? If not, it's time to replace the video card probalby with something cheap...... www.newegg.com or on ebay.

Rico

"Does this mobo have onbaord video?"

I don't know but if yes, does it mean when installing windows xp the video card work automatically?

Hi Macdude, here's the name of the video card i don't know if it's built on mobo.

video card: Trident video accelerator blade 3d/promedia

what do i need to get it to work properly?

Ok, currently i'm at work and i asked a friend and he showed me what an on board video card looks like, and from what i remembered it is a on board video card. I was told that a on board video card sucks. I might just have to replace with a new one. This bad video card causes my monitor to act up it also says " check signal cable" and it might also causes my computer to freeze, who knows, but first thing first to replace the video card.

Does a mobo that comes with a built on video card comes with a brown slot where you connect your AGP graphic card just incase the on board video card goes bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom