Problem with Memorex DVD-R 8X Discs

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzo1234

Solid State Member
I usually just buy 1-8 X DVD-R discs but this time bought (unknowingly) Memorex 8 X DVD-R. Normally, I have no problems burning from Ulead DVD Movie Factory and DVDXCopy Platinum. Now when I try to use these discs on either they simply end in disc error.

My DVD Burner is only 4X speed.

I have tried to lower the speed on Ulead to 4X and it still ends in the same error. DVDXCopy doesn't have a change speed option.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or are these discs useless to me? Should I maybe try burning at the lowest speed possible?

Thanks in advance.

Is the disc shot if it never even gets to the burning point? I haven't been using the same disc over and over again, but am wondering for future use.

I will try burning at the lowest speed possible. I have already tried 4X, the speed of my burner.

I just tried burning again using the Memorex 8X disc, only this time I did it at the lowest speed possible - 1X. It failed again same as always,

"The target device may have some problems"
"Failed in forming power calibration"

Any other ideas on how to solve this problem?

Im not much informed in Dvd burning yet, but u said u usually get 1-8x dvds so u can burn at any speed, and u said this time u got 8 only, meaning the dvds are setup in a way that it has to be burned at 8x otherwise the data track is deformed or sumthing.

I guess I was under the impression that the Memorex 8X discs were able to be burned up to 8X - not only 8X. Any one else have clarification?

No, I found Ulead to be the easiest. It works with any other DVD-Rs I have bought.

I also have DVDXCopy Platinum, but it won't burn 8X and it doesn't allow users to change the burn speed.

Thanks for your help. I will try trading them to somebody with a faster burner. My burner has been fine up until now, but I expect to experience more problems as the discs get better quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom