how does liquid cooling work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
foreverxyoung said:
hey guys.. i seen like tubes run thruout ur comp wid water but how does that cool anything? @_@

Well, basically what it does it, It sends chilled water through tubes.

The water hits a pad like structure that cover the processor completly, thus cooling it much better then a fan.

You can also have you GPU cooled this way.

NOTE: It also makes you PC nearly silent, but the cooler takes up alot of room and cant fit inside your case.

ohh i see, kool thanks for u help =] cuhz i saw the tubes running around but hahah im like how does that work >< nice siggy by the way =]

foreverxyoung said:
ohh i see, kool thanks for u help =] cuhz i saw the tubes running around but hahah im like how does that work >< nice siggy by the way =]

Yea no problem.

Thanks, that sig isn't done yet.

just a work of advice, Syn7ax 3rror, ur sig has to be 468x120 pixels. no exceptions. its a nice sig, just dont let it get taken away. lol

water is a better conductor of heat than air is therefore water is able to transfer heat from a CPU better than air. Basically you have a special heatsink built which fills with water, the heatsink transfer the heat from the core into the water, and the water is then carried away from the core through a radiator, which acts like heatsink fins.

The hot water is pumped through either small fins, or through long pipes within the radiator, which generally should have active cooling blowing over it, cooling the water down so it can repeat the cycle

u can also get phase change freon cooling, but i dont know how it works.

that stuff is for the real nutters.

no water cooling system is 100% silent, the radiator is always gona make noise, unless u don't put a fan on it.. It is still much less noisy than using air cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom