Is it possible to upgrade the processor of a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Li0nhart8

Beta member
I just got an old laptop I plan on fixing up. It's not too bad now...Win2000 will be upgraded to WinXP. I'm upgrading the RAM from 256 to 512. My question is will any new processor work or do I have to one specific for Notebooks?

Its possible but not worth it. You can upgrade based on how that model came. Like if that model came with a 400 700 and a 1ghz you can replace the motherboard with the new chip cause it was designed for the case.

What are the specs? I am sure you will be fine. My latop is a PIII450/100/256 and 386mb of ram. It runs fine!

Mine is Intel Pent. III with 650 MGz....will that run PC games/more powerful emulators well? I can't really upgrade with the provider because I got it used through this deal where my mom works.(not a bad deal though, $250) I figured I'd fix it up.

Well, those and more powerful games. Such as a Nintendo 64 emulator or actual PC games like...oh let's say Guild Wars for example.

Hmmm...I was just using Guild Wars as an example. I probably won't be playing PC games...just emulators. Would an N64 emulator run on a PenIII 650MGz, 256MB RAM system?

guild wars wont run on that, it barely runs on a very well setup p3 800 with fx5200 and 512 ram. You should be able to run N64 games tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom