Change IP Adress

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean you want to change from dynamic to static, SBC does something called sticky IP, and u need to contact billing support for that. If you simply wana change your IP, just reset internet connection through router or turn modem on/off. If you wana change the whole range, call sbc.

or you could wait and see how long you lease is for that IP (in ipconfig) then doing an ipconfig /release which will set you to 0.0.0.0 then wait til the lease has expired (usually round 10 minutes here) then do an ipconfig /renew this will look for a new ip for you to borrow and as the lease ran out on yours unless it is still free youll be given a new one.
Laptop users on DHCP usually find this function handy..

if you are looking for a new IP then do what they said...if you would like a static IP but don't want to pay for it. Another option is www.dyndns.com. They will give you an address that will always point to your machine reguardless of your IP. BTW this should prolly be moved to networking.

-Aaron

You Said
I typed all that stuff in cmd and I waited about 1 minuet and I got the same IP back.

I said
(usually round 10 minutes here)

I cant speak for your site? all i know is we lease ip's with a 10 min check. Did you check the lease expirey time? I also stated that it will give you the same ip address if no body picks us yours after the lease expires. This is standard practice. There is no difference from our our internal network here to an isp with DHCP. If it didnt replace your ip then your ip was still free for it to give back to you or you still held the lease on it?

I can happily change ip's on my laptops here and now buy release/renew. A new ip is obtained if i waite passed the lease expirytime and date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom