New laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Hey fellas..

My g/f is on the market for a new laptop. She won't be doing any gaming. Just surfing the net and word processing pretty much. Any suggestions?.. Just throw me some brand names, pros, cons, etc.

Dell, HP, Compaq, e-machines, etc. etc. and any personal experiences you've had with the different kinds of display screens, etc.

Not looking for the best of the best. Cheap is good :).. You don't have to give me any specs, but just your opinions about the quality of the different brands, etc.. Thx.

:D

SHAWN said:
Dell has a sale going on. Search TF for "Dell coupon". Spend 1000 get 400 off. Spend 1500 get 750 off!!!!
That's not bad! And really, Dell laptops are OK. My firm uses them quite a bit. The main problems I have seen with them is kind of minor stuff like keyboard keys poping off and stuff. Other than that they seem to be pretty solid.

I would just make sure you go P-M for the CPU. Those laptops with P4's can run really hot and the fan will be kicking in and loud a lot. And the battery life is a lot longer with the P-M.

Sweet, thx man! Have some trouble getting them to work on the Candian site tho.. But, it's good to know they have a sale. If these codes don't work, I am sure I can dig up other ones..

Yeah.. I'll definitely be getting her the mobile version :)..

Check out onthegopc.com. I dunno if they ship to Canada, but you can email them and ask.

Definately check out ecost.com. Their deals may not last long, but some of them are really, really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom