PC Power Supply Stress Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
PCP&P 850w SLI Monster - Passed the test with flying colors.
Although loud at full load it had an input of almost 1060watts and an 80.4% efficiency at full load which is like a new record in PSU's.

If you've got a killer dual core / SLI / OCin' monster PC, this is the PSU that will laugh at anything you can put in the case. It will also set you back about $475.00. But, power will never be a concern:

Check it out:
http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/200507111/stresstest-09.html

I'm waiting for the new modstream from OCZ, it's either 620w or 700w, which will last me for a decent while

gaara said:
I'm waiting for the new modstream from OCZ, it's either 620w or 700w, which will last me for a decent while

I'm not to fond of the Modular PSU's. Although they are pretty cool for modders... They do present a problem.

The fact is, modular plugs limit power by adding to electrical resistance. The voltage drop can be as much as would occur in 2 feet of standard wire. Worse yet, modular plugs utilize delicate pins that can easily loosen, corrode, and burn, creating the potential for a major system failure.

In system I just sold, I had a PCP&C Turbo-Cool 510w SLI PSU and I removed all of the wire sleeves that came with it. Then I put on all new UV Blue cable sleeving. It was kinda of a pain and took a few hours, but it looked great. Also, the sleeving that comes with the PCP&C PSU's is really, really stiff. It makes bending and wire management a real pain.

I have a modular PSU, and although its quality is somewhat questionable, the modular system is ingeious. They took a molex connector and basiclly just sleeved it. The plugs are just pieces of plastic for the molex connector's own pins. Theoreticlly, the loss is minimal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom