cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyeightballa

Baseband Member
hey does anyone think it would be cool to put a computer in a refridgerator? it would automatically cool and you have a fridge right next to you!

also does anyone know where i can get PLAIN PLAIN PLAIN beige cases, as in nothing fancy at all it just looks like a box, nothing sticking out or making it unique

that case has the thing sticking off the front, thats no good, any better ones?

yea thats what i was thinking tho for the fridge, putting it in a small one...that would rock

been said before, condensation will form on the motherboard, so you cannot do it. And not everything will be happy in the fridge, like hdd.

If you wanted below room temperatures, a peltier will be your best bet, and to fight condensation you will need to put some black random stuff (I can't think of the name right now) over the area. Go to xtremesystems for more information. You will have a CPU at negative numbers. :p

Heyyo,

No way would a comp last inna minifridge man. Sure they give off lots of cooling potential, but the moisture man, the moisture. As soon as one dropplet of water forms? bam, fried. I doupt using a pc case inside a mini-fridge will work miracles in preventing the moisture from forming inside the case either.

If I were you, I'd rather put it inna cabinet with no case and a huge ac fan blowing cold air onto it, and maybe little air openings near the bottom of the 4 sides of the cabinet. Tha'd keep the temps down. ;)

Lol, dude, like, hollow out a mini filing cabinet and stick the big ac fan on there! that mod would pwn. :)

ThE_MarD said:
Heyyo,

No way would a comp last inna minifridge man. Sure they give off lots of cooling potential, but the moisture man, the moisture. As soon as one dropplet of water forms? bam, fried. I doupt using a pc case inside a mini-fridge will work miracles in preventing the moisture from forming inside the case either.

If I were you, I'd rather put it inna cabinet with no case and a huge ac fan blowing cold air onto it, and maybe little air openings near the bottom of the 4 sides of the cabinet. Tha'd keep the temps down. ;)

Lol, dude, like, hollow out a mini filing cabinet and stick the big ac fan on there! that mod would pwn. :)
No.

Plenty of people put their computers in refrigerators. They aren't ordinary fridges, specifically designed to cool conductive material, but they run along the same lines as regular kitchen fridge. Even if there is condensation, it's just distilled water.

If condensation continues, perhaps there could be a way to lower the boiling point. Colligative properties would raise the boiling point instead, but that would require it to be a solution. The salt would dissociate in solution, raising boiling point (increasing possibility of condensation) and make it an electrolyte. Obviously turning it into solution would just make everything worse.

There are systems that flood the tower with a liquid substance, mostly distilled water and antifreeze. As long as it is a non-electrolyte, your system will be fine.

Here is an example of a computer fridge, though I do think that that is an ordinary refrigerator.
http://www.ohardt.com/computer/pc.mods/project.hot.fridge/

Submerge teh mobo and all attached parts in a container of non-conductive oil, and put that in the fridge.

Duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom