radeon tv problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

olimorgan

Beta member
Hi, I have a Radeon 9700 PRO which i just attached by an s video cable to the s video outlet on my tv. I don't own a dvd player apart from the one in my computer and so I thort i cud play them on my comp and watch on TV. But although i see the screen and its in colour the writing is so small as to be unreadable and when u play a dvd u just see black. Any help?

Athlon XP 2100+
512 MB RAM
Radeon 9700 Pro
PC DVD to SCART TV Cable from aria.co.uk under cabling
Toshiba 2102TB colour TV
Windows XP

you are not supposed to see the text outputted to a television. this is the nature of TA output. but you can set tv output to resolution 800x600 for better text reading. your monitor can be set at a different resolution than tv

i have had this problem too. you must go into your ATI settings and set your tv output to clone mode which copies the same output from your monitor instead of the other option which i cannot remember what it is called.

this setting is in the options that shows a picture of a monitor and television and lets you click the option buttons which have 2 icons, one for clone mode and the other for the independant mode or whatever it is called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom