nvidia 6600gt possible problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
did i mention that the pc runs great until i play a game. then i get either ten min or ten seconds before it crashes.

graphics card, right click desktop/propertise/settings/advanced/click on your card, there should be a option there.

The BIOS is the best bet, but speed fan, everst, motherboard monitor 5.

I still stand by it being the PSU making that noise, due to being under too much strain.

When you play games, the CPU heats up, and there is more demand on the PSU, and PSU's are less efficient at higher temps as well.

Heyyo,

google a program called speedfan. It's sweet. I don't know if it shows the vidcard temps as I havn't bothered to check which temp's which. all I know is temp2 for me is the cpu. :p

If you payed 20 quid for a case, keybaord and power supply I will pretty much guartnee you it's the problem. Your PC demands power, and you cannot supply it.

350 is low for that setup including the 6600GT. Go out and purchase an Antec or thermaltake with at least 430watts. That should solve your problem.

im checkin ebuyer as we speak. what about the memory. i have a 512 in the first slot and the same in the 3rd slot that sits slightly away.

Heyyo,

Ah yes, I've seen these cases:
http://aspireusa.net/product.php?pid=97&xcSID=05e26b7653e023dd8c3b1d94d54fe1e2

Now, still no deal on what kindof psu it's got innit.. from the pics it looks like a generic. But yeah, your comp setup seems to be quite strong, what's the minimum watts requirement for a 6600gt? I don't think it's getting enough power when gaming that it dies.

Now, my PSU is even 400W and I've only got a 9600 Pro in my computer, lol. So you might wanna try getting a 400W PSU. :p

SHAWN said:
about 45 watts is what the card alone consumes. Recommended PSU is 350 coming from newegg.

Their was never an offical rating that came out for the 6600GT (I havnt checked in a while) but power consumption is up their with the 6800GT and even higher in some cases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom