did you know? (Updated: All Visitors Read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Ok, tried it out, pretty good guys. Takes 20mins for a 20GB HD with about %35 fragmentation (rofl, backing up scratched dvd's is teh ghey).

Now, for kicks I tried defragmenting while playing a game. I was playing HL2 while defragging the 2nd hd which the game was installed on. VERY impressed hea, cpu usage was about %10 with diskeeper and winamp and firefox, so with the game I was still getting great framerates! being able to defrag while pwning it up definately puts this high on my list folks. It's definately the best defragging program for us gamers. I'll see if I can pay me sis $30 to use her credit card to order the full thing. :D

So yes people, this program is worth the cash I say. Works with ntfs and fat* drives, so it should work great in windows longhorn. ;)

Yeah nuke is convinced we're damaging our drives.....whatever man....maybe i'll just stop using my computer cause something might wear out. I'm gonna defrag right now, what the hell, i'm a risktaker.

Heres a thought. You know when you haven't defragged in a while and it makes alot of noise when you do? Well mine makes no noticebale noise (and just took 30 seconds), so maybe I'm doing less damage?

I tried that diskeeper. It is nice. Also does something on system boot that is good feature.. But I couldnt be bother to fork out the $50. (plus it's based off of windows version)

Heyyo,

Now if you mean based off windows by the ".net" framework then yes. It doesn't make the program lame, makes it more stable as the ".net" framework was built for mainly stability. So this program should run flawlessly. Now, the actual defragging engine can't be based off the windows version as nothing in the windows OS is open source man. In the end, all that matters is it pwns m$ disk defragger. ;)

I havn't figured out how to setup a boot defrag yet, so i'mma work on that... darn, not in the trialware. :(

Linux filesystems such as reiserfs or ext3 do not need defraging. They are a more advanced file system that manages better so fragmentation does not happen much.

Elbatrop1 said:
Ok, you will see how well your system responds in 2 years without a defrag. A severely fragmented hard drive wont only cause poor performance but system lockups at times.

Defragmentation is absolutely necessary to keeping a healthy OS.

Saying that defragging is bad is like saying an oil change on a car is bad because it wears out your oil drain plug.

NEGATIVE, this is a WINDOWS ONLY PROBLEM.

MDI computer store... why are actually accusing me here.... I think this guy should get ban here.. for accusing someone else. why do care about If I know alot of sutff.. acutally if i want to tell you, i don't know alot about computers, everyone are better than me, but you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom