new comp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
angryOGG said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814150104
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814143036
well as i see it, XFX currently has the higher OC... and it's SHINY!
does XFX hav as good a warrenty as BFG tho???

Why do people still insist on buying hardware based upon their look? With mediocre lighting, you won't even be able to spot your "bling-bling".

I've heard that XFX cards often have problems working straight out of the box. When they work, they're supposed to be halfway decent.

BFG's stock overclock is obviously a plus. I would go with the BFG if you plan to add additional cooling for further overclocking.

Have you considered the eVGA 7800 GTX?

i thought i would throw something in...

dont forget to get a steel pad gaming mousepad...since your getting all that other nifty stuff :)

you will be very happy with it!

oh, and i dont know about the 7800gtx but eVGa is always a recomended company for nvidia cards, that and leadtek are the best for the 6*** series! ok bye bye

The XFX seems to have the highest overclock, higher than the BFG which is a bit unusual.

To be honest though, I'll bet that the BFG can OC up to that XFX and easily OC further.

BFG does have that reputation for reliability and being an OCer's card. The XFX has a reputation for having problems straight out of the box and running very hot at its own stock speed of 490/1300. The eVGA just seems to have quite a lower stock speed. I'm sure it can easily overclock to the BFG or XFX, but heat could be an issue and further OC may be limited.

I would stick with the BFG for the sake of delivering the highest OC for the greatest reliability.

I see Leadtek as out of the question, mostly because of their lousy support. They're whole support section is just a page to send them an email, and they never even get back to you. When you're buying such expensive hardware, the manufacturer's support should be a prime factor. Their cards are good, but I wouldn't even say that they are the best in any series.

exactly how OCing limitted is the MSI neo platinum SLI mobo?
i was thinking of getting a razor mousepad mostly because it has a wrist rest wich wuld save me a great deal of discomfort.

It seems to lack options when overclocking the RAM as opposed to a DFI board. Whatever OC'ing features it does have are very easy to access and very easy to use.

A DFI board may have many overclocking abilities, but keep in mind that you have to know what you're doing. The MSI board assumes you have no idea how to overclock and basically automatically does it. To be honest, I just don't think you would know what to do with the complex DFI settings in front of your face.

If you want a good board, get the DFI Lanparty, swell board and can overclock as a bad boy.

Calzinger, alot of your information is wrong. XFX had a line of cards that were DOA when you got them, a large amount of them. I suspect someone f*cked up, but that was a little while ago, and even though it tarnished their rep, they arent DOA anymore. And XFX is one of the BEST cards you can get for OCing, and just regular stock use, they still rock. The OC on the BFG cards is a rip off. Ther BARELY up the clock speed, and dont even compensate for that with a better cooloer. It is just a marketing ploy, I would advise against the pre-OC'd BFG's.

a 7800 GTX will NOT beat out 2x 6800's in SLI, not in a million years! The 7800 is only SLIGHTLY better than the 6800, and you are paying several hundred for that card being only slightly better. You can easily overclock a 6800 to speeds far higher than the 7800. The 7800 siumply isnt worth it at this time, and wont be for a long time. I'm sure nVidia will come out with a card that is FAAAR superior to that one in a very short time. Instead of getting on 7800, get 2 6800's and SLI them and get some insane performance.

Yes, the San Diego came out after the Venice. They are the second newest, the Manchester being the newest, although I'm not sure how that core fairs. The San Diego 3700+ is a PERFECT choice, an absolute killer CPU, with some insane OC potential.

IMO:

A DFI Lanparty, the San Diego, the Rev 2's, the 2x6800Ultras, and you will have one damn super beast.

As for the HDD, get the raptors. They spin at 10000 RPM over the 7200 RPM normal drives run at, making seek time alot quicker.

Calzinger said:
It seems to lack options when overclocking the RAM as opposed to a DFI board. Whatever OC'ing features it does have are very easy to access and very easy to use.

A DFI board may have many overclocking abilities, but keep in mind that you have to know what you're doing. The MSI board assumes you have no idea how to overclock and basically automatically does it. To be honest, I just don't think you would know what to do with the complex DFI settings in front of your face.

Dont ever use an onboard overclocking utility, it is crappy. They never work right, and result in instability and an all around bad oc. Plus, it defeats the purpose of overclocking. Overclocking is something you have acheived though your own merit. It's like buying spray on mud for your car. Why do that when you can go get REAL mud for free, and have alot more fun doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom