Serious Bios Problem,mobo CT-7AIA5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ip_impost3r

Solid State Member
Ok ppl this one has thrown me for a loop,I'm no pro at this but I fairly well know my crap.Here's what happened.

I swapped HD's Between my "sceptre"which now has a chaintech 7AIA5 mobo and my HP Pavilion503w.The HP worked fine the first time i started it up.But lets say the Sceptre was less than amusing.When i first tried to start it,it didn't display to the monitor at all,so after restarting about 15 times just to make sure it wasn't a 1 time thing,I removed all pci cards and just left my radeon 9000 AGP for display.So now when i try to start it displays to monitor but stops at the "bios screen" where it shows primary master&slave,secondary master&slave and shows bios version and date.If I have a single master hooked-up it doesn't detect it but with a master and slave hooked up it detects both just fine,including my cd-rom.but it still stops at the same place when i try to start-up.If I enter the bios sometimes it immediately freezes on the main bios screen,sometimes i can get in 1 level.I have pulled the bios battery for 15min and then retried to start-up like 10 times but nothing different.I have tried swapping the drives back into original computers but that didn't change anything either.I have tried to boot from floppy but it stops at the screen as described before,before it gets the chance to boot from floppy.I also tried booting from cd-rom but i get the same response.I have also purchased a new battery and installed it but that didn't make a difference either.i have tried pluging and unpluging ever combination of HD's and cd-roms,cd-burners, & dvd-drives I can come up with.I was going to try and flash the bios but when i hit alt+f2 to enter flash mode the utility comes up and it gives the error "source file not found" and gives a place to enter the bios file name but its already froze and i can't type in anything.So if i can't get it to flash and i can't boot from floppy to run a flash utility what are my choices?I am running low on patience by now as you can imagine.The Sceptre's specs are:

Mobo:Chaintech 7AIA5 Socket A

Processor:AMD Duron 1.1Ghz

RAM:256mb

Gfx Card:Radeon 9000 AGP

System: WinXP Home Edition

Current HD's 40G master & 20G slave

I am definately up for any opinions or clues as to what can be going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom