can't decide which comp to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasaid

Fully Optimized
hey im a new member, and this is my first post.. first time i've posted on any forum i think... but anyways.. im on a budget and i want to buy a new comp, these are the 2 options i have:

athlon64 939 venice 3000+
Asus A8N-E
OCZ PC3200 1gb premier dual channel
saphire x600 pro pci-express (budget, remember!)

or!

P4 3.0ghz, 1mb L2 cache
MSI 915P Combo-FR Motherboard i865PE (i know it sucks)
Samsung DDR2 PC4000 1gb dual channel
saphire x600 pro pci-express

hd, case, etc.. i'll get from somewhere else... any insight as to which would be better for.. mainly gaming..would be appreciated.

time to retire the ol' 900mhz Duron

whoa fast reply!

thx.. its also a bit cheaper.. but i need more convincing!

AMD is not only cheaper but more efficient for gaming. AMD relies on the number of actions performed each clock cycle to give it its power. Intel relies on sheer clock speed to get them over the line, this means that while an AMD processor almost always has a lower clock speed than an Intel it generally does more and would far oustrip it if it were the same speed. the only thing that the p4 rig has on the AMD in this scenario (for gaming) is DDR2 memory which i've heard is overated and doesn't really make a difference

Out of those two systems first one is definitely better cauzi its good for gaming and i m not a fan of MSI boards so i would say go for the first one its your best bang for the buck.

lol ok good... not missing out on much by not having DDR2...

alright thx guys, amd it is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom